As a dog owner, we want to be able to provide the best for our dogs. And as they age, their needs also increase. This is especially true for their medical needs. We have found that Orthopedic Dog Beds are perfect for dogs, since they promote good joint and muscle health. We have compiled a list of the Best Orthopedic Dog Beds on Amazon. Check them out below:
Key Features To Look For:
- Health benefits for your dog
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install
- Quality of fabric and foam
BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed – Snuggly Sleeper – with Grooved Orthopedic Foam, Extra Comfy Cotton-Padded Rim Cushion and Nonslip Bottom
- Large Orthopedic Sleeper: 40” x 30” x 10" - Ideal for Medium to Large size dogs and also great for multiple smaller dogs. Can easily hold up to 100+ lbs and fitted for pets up to 36" in length.
- Inner Dimensions of Sleeping Space: 36" x 24" - Crafted with top-of-the-line workmanship and premium materials, it is built to both provide the ultimate sleep experience with superior overall comfort and to last. Perfect for dogs of any ages, especially older dogs with joint, bone or arthritic problems.
- Premium Materials include: (1) Ultra Soft Polyester Cover with a luxurious quilted design, (2) 4" of Solid Orthopedic Foam base for the optimal balance of comfort, reduced joint pain and improved health & mobility. (3) Extra Comfy Cotton-Padded Rim cushion to instantly contour to your pet's neck and provide constant support and decompression for ailing necks and heads.
- Sleek and Luxurious quilted design to improve any family's home decor. Comes with a built-in nonslip rubber backing on the bottom side of the cover to prevent any sliding on wooden and tiled floors.
- Easy to clean & maintain: Removable and Machine-Washable cover. Simply put it on gentle / delicate cycle. Even easier to spot clean and remove hair.
The BarksBar Large Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed - 40 x 30 inches - Snuggly Sleeper with Solid Orthopedic Foam, Non-Slip Back is one of the best orthopedic dog beds out there. It’s so good that even we humans can lie in it! The human-grade orthopedic dog foam provides your pet with deep cushioning and pressure relief on their joints. It’s perfect for dogs of all ages.
This bed is designed to make your dog feels comfortable while he sleeps. It also helps dogs who are suffering from muscle pain, joint pains, and arthritis.
- Machine washable. Remove cover and use a gentle or delicate cycle and air dry. Easy to vacuum, spot clean or wipe off.
- Actual dog bed: 40″ x 30″ x 10″
- Inner dimensions of sleeping space inside bolster: 36″ x 24″
- Cotton padded walls designed to instantly contour to their body for optimum comfort
- Provides constant support and decompression for ailing heads and becks of all sizes
- Will not lose it’s shape over time and will continue to contour to each and every crevice of your pet’s body
What Others Are Saying About BarksBar Large Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed - 40 x 30 inches - Snuggly Sleeper with Solid Orthopedic Foam, Non-Slip Back
“I spent $200 on a “heavy-duty” bed. Molly ripped a hole in the cushion within 2 months. I flipped the cushion over. She ripped 2 holes in that side. So, within 6 months, it was destroyed. Spent $300 for a “chew-proof” bed. Molly wouldn’t even get in it! She would sleep on the floor next to it. I think she didn’t like the feel of the fabric. I bought a memory foam bed for $150 and that one was also a total bust. Molly sniffed and walked away! My recliner and sofa were her favorite spots and there was nothing to be done about it! I was very hesitant to spend more money for yet another fail but after reading the reviews, thought I’d give the BarksBar 40×30 a try. Wow, am I glad I did! As soon as I put this bed down, she sniffed and climbed in! She is a 65-pound Lab and has plenty of room to curl up or stretch out. For some reason, she doesn’t dig at the cushion like she did with her other beds. And, she uses the sides as a pillow. Now, I can’t get her out of it! I have to coax her out to go for walks. She comes out quick, though, when it is dinnertime. She IS a Lab, after all! But, must say that I was able to go to the bathroom alone for the first time in years! Haha She just won’t leave this bed! Quality of construction seems good for the price and the comfort level must be high for her. So far, so good. If it lasts her more than 6 months, I’ll still be way ahead of the game! I have this one in the living room and she hasn’t been on the sofa since I got it. I’m thinking about buying a second one for the bedroom. I definite recommend this one!”
“Lancer loves his bed! I had trouble finding a bed to fit a large german shepherd but this one is definitely large enough and he loves to snuggle into the bumpers. He kept trying to get on the couch so we had to find something that was more comfortable than the couch to deter him and this does it. Good quality as well. He did have an accident on it one day when I was late coming home from work. The one thing I would suggest, which I did now, is to take it apart when you get it and either put a pee pad or put a trash bag around the foam. That way, if your pup ever has an accident, it is easy to just wash the cover and the foam will not be harmed. Despite his accident, I was able to clean the foam just fine and wash the cover and it’s just like new. Great buy!”
“We have a hard time finding quality dog beds in our house. We have two large (80+ lb mixed breed) dogs and the cost of beds from big stores like PetsMart can be outrageous. We love Amazon in our house so looking here seemed like the natural choice- and I’m so glad that we did. The bed arrived quickly and in great shape. The instructions say it takes awhile for the foam to fluff up, but I found that it expanded in a matter of minutes. The quality of the zippers and the fabric is great. I also like that it seems like it would be easy to take apart and wash (haven’t had to yet) since it’s just a few pieces. The most important thing is that my dogs love it, so much so that we plan to buy another. They have two other beds, and given the choice they choose this one all the time. All in all, this is a great bed for a great price and we would definitely buy again.”
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, orthopedic Memory Foam. (Multiple Sizes/Colors, medium firmness, Waterproof liner, YKK zippers, more Breathable 35% cotton cover, Cert. Skin Contact Safe). 2yr Warranty
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: (i) SOLID 4 inch MEMORY FOAM base for superior overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis) and improved health, mobility, & energy. (ii) Calming bed for dogs who suffer from anxiety. (iii) Recycled 'green' support bolsters are generously filled. (iv) Durable & comfortable polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill
- SMART DESIGN: (i) Base & bolsters provide optimal support & security. (ii) Water resistant & tear resistant cover. (iii) Non-skid bottom. (iv) Blends in seamlessly with your home. (v) Replacement covers available separately
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) Certi-PUR-US Memory foam. NO mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, & ozone depleters. (ii) Low VOC emissions for indoor air quality. (iii) Passes stricter European REACH safety standards. (iv) Cover fabric certified as 'SKIN CONTACT SAFE'.
- IDEAL FOR MEDIUM / LARGE OR MULTIPLE SMALLER DOGS: (i) 36 x 28 x 9 inches. Can easily hold 100+ pounds. (ii) [Search Pet Fusion large pet blanket for new matching Blanket]
- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: (i) 'Bolsters' pre-loaded into cover, simply insert memory foam base & zip closed. (ii) EASY TO CLEAN, removable cover is machine washable. (iii) Simple to spot clean & remove hair. Tumble dry on gentle setting. Do not use bleach when washing. (iv) 36 Month on any part that is broken due to manufacturer defect.
If you’re looking for a high-quality orthopedic dog bed that your dog won’t chew through within minutes, the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, Orthopedic Memory Foam, Multiple Sizes/Colors, Medium Firmness Pillow, Waterproof Liner, YKK Zippers, Breathable 35% Cotton Cover, Cert. Skin Safe, 3yr Warranty is a must-try! The material used for this bed does not easy to tear. It’s designed to match any decorations in your home.
This dog bed is compatible for dogs of every size. It helps provide overall comfort for your dog, reduce their joint pains, improve their overall health, mobility and energy. It is also a great calming bed for dogs who suffer from anxiety.
- Solid, supportive memory foam
- Generously filled recycled polyfill bolsters
- Water-resistant removable and washable cover and a waterproof inner liner to protect the memory foam
- Skin contact safe/breathable polyester & cotton blended fabric
What Others Are Saying About PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, Orthopedic Memory Foam, Multiple Sizes/Colors, Medium Firmness Pillow, Waterproof Liner, YKK Zippers, Breathable 35% Cotton Cover, Cert. Skin Safe, 3yr Warranty
“Our yellow Labrador Retriever, Zed, is a lounging connoisseur and loves his new PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed! Here’s a brief video of the unboxing and setup process (it’s a snap), and – of course – some action shots of Zed’s lounging in action. Zed is on the larger size (90lbs) and we’ve observed that if a dog bed doesn’t support him well he’ll migrate elsewhere (like the couch!). As much as I enjoy my 90lb lap-dog, it’s nice to finally find a bed that’s Zed approved – the memory foam really seems to do the trick.”
“My 85lb dog loves his bed! Great quality and the memory foam seems to hold up really well. Spent over 2 months researching for a durable, comfy bed and glad I found this.”
“These beds are great and are definitely doggy approved (see picture for proof)! The foam is high quality and is great for both of our dogs 55 and 65 lbs. I highly recommend this product because I tested it out myself for a few minutes. I purchased the brown color and it looks great. Hope this helps!!”
JOYELF Orthopedic Dog Bed Memory Foam Pet Bed with Removable Washable Cover and Squeaker Toy as Gift
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: ①Solid Memory Foam base for perfectly to your pet's body for maximum comfort;②Memory Foam using flame retardant material;③The Bottom Material of the dog bed comes with built-in nonslip rubber backing④Inner cover perfect for senior dog with occasional accident;⑤The fabric offers unmatched warmth and comfort;⑥The bolster is big and fluffy which is relax breathable and good resilience.
- BETTER DESIGN:①The base high-density memory foam can provide the ultimate sleep experience with superior overall comfort and to last;②The bottom is lined with to avoid the bed from ever sliding around;③Soft & Full comfy cotton-padded Bolsters (couch arms) surround a whole circle can protect your pet's neck.④The hidden zipper of this orthopedic dog bed makes the product look better;⑤Internal liner to protect memory foam from liquids.
- EASY To MAINTAIN:①Removable cover is machine washable,simply remove the cover, zip closed ②Easy to find & Remove hair;③Do not immerse in water for long time& tumble dry ,Line dry better
- GIFTS:Squeaker toys as gifts(Bone shape)
- SIZE: Measuring from outside of bolster 31'' x 22'' x 7'' Sleeping area inside bolster: 24'' x 16''.The memory foam base 29'' x 20'' x 2'' Ideal for Small to Medium size dogs .Consider carefully dog's body somatotype and bed dimension
The JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed Medium Orthopedic Dog Bed & Sofa with Removable Washable Cover and Squeaker Toy as Gift is one bed your dog will surely not want to leave! The memory foam promotes healthy bones and joints for your dog, and it is ideal for dogs of all ages. It helps ensure that your dog will not develop any joint and hip issues while they are sleeping.
Additionally, this bed does a great job of providing support, comfort, and protection for your dog’s legs, elbows and hips. The foam is also made from fireproof materials.
- Joint relief
- Waterproof & non-slip backing
- Machine washable
- Do not tumble dry
- PP cotton infilled, resilience is 2 times the ordinary cotton
- Hard-wearing quality
What Others Are Saying About This JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed Medium Orthopedic Dog Bed & Sofa with Removable Washable Cover and Squeaker Toy as Gift
“I bought this for my 8 year old golden retriever who has experienced early onset arthritis since the age of 4. I’ve managed her condition with dietary supplements thus far but lately she’s been getting sore and stiff when she initially gets up in the mornings. So, it was time for the big guns. I’d been eyeing off orthopedic beds for a while now and this one had good reviews and also had the surrounding cushions I knew she’d love to rest her head on. From the second I opened the packaging and put the mattress into the zipped casing, she was in it. Admittedly, she was trying to drag it around at first thinking it was a really big play thing for her but once she sat in it, I couldn’t get her out. She loves it and I love seeing how comfy she is. She is 70 pounds and I think she likes the size (large) and amount of wriggle room this bed allows her.”
“This is a fancy dog beg, just as described. The memory cotton is about 2 inches thick. It is very dense. The “pillow” is also very fluffy and breathable. It can be a good support for my dog’s head. The bottom of the fabric is waterproof and non-slip. The mat is damp. Because my dog likes to bite his bed, my most satisfied point is that the bed is very strong. The outside material is thick and tear-resistant. My dog’s previous bed was broken under his ruthless tear. I think this one can last much longer. Also I like the two gifts. They are both in a good quality. The material of mat is Rattan instead of plastic. It is very helpful in hot days. My dog jumped into the bed immediately when he saw the new bed. It seems that he is very fond of his new bed. Plus, my dog is about 10 pounds, the bed is very perfect for it. I will definitely recommend my friends to buy this.”
“I purchased this bed for a local animal rescue for a senior dog with hip problems, she loved it!!! In fact the foster dad we sent it to calls it the Cadillac of all dog beds and tells everyone with a dog how amazing it is. I have since ordered a few more for the other dogs in need from the same rescue and will continue to keep buying and donating these beds. Great dog bed!!!”
Furhaven Pet Dog Bed | Orthopedic Ergonomic Luxe Lounger Cradle Mattress Pet Bed w/ Removable Cover for Dogs & Cats – Available in Multiple Colors & Styles
- PET FRIENDLY DESIGN: The bed features a contoured form factor that cradles and cushions pets in ergonomic comfort; the open design also gives them plenty of room to sleep in a variety of position, making it an ideal for both cuddlers and sprawlers
- SLEEP SURFACE: The sleep surface is lined with ultra plush faux fur so luxuriously soft to the touch that no pet could ever resist snuggling into its downy comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The solid orthopedic foam is dense and thick for maximum loft and sturdy comfort, while the contoured ergonomic form factor works to provide enhanced orthopedic support for the neck, back, hips, and joints for a more restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Gray; Jumbo, 30" x 45" x 6" (2.5" Center; 6" Edges)
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Cream, Chocolate, and Gray; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, Jumbo Plus, and Giant
The Furhaven Pet Dog Bed - Orthopedic Ultra Plush Faux Fur Ergonomic Luxe Lounger Cradle Mattress Contour Pet Bed with Removable Cover for Dogs and Cats, Gray, Jumbo is a luxurious Orthopedic Dog Bed that will pamper your dogs all day, every day! It features a luxuriously thick faux fur running along the slopes of the curved surface. This dog bed provides support for the hips and the back. It also provides therapeutic relief for physical discomfort.
- Plush sleep surface
- Orthopedic foam base
- CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Machine washable cover
- Orthopedic joint support
- Available in multiple sizes
What Others Are Saying About Furhaven Pet Dog Bed - Orthopedic Ultra Plush Faux Fur Ergonomic Luxe Lounger Cradle Mattress Contour Pet Bed with Removable Cover for Dogs and Cats, Gray, Jumbo
“My 13 year old beagle/cattle dog mix needed a new bed after his wore out. He typically likes donut style beds, and dislikes flat “pads,” so I took a chance on this one. But he LOVES it! It’s memory foam, not egg crate, which I love, and it’s low enough in the middle for him to get on and off easily, but the sides are raised up for a head rest or just overall “enclosed” feeling without actually being enclosed. He has arthritis, IVDD, and hip dysplasia, so being well-supported throughout the night is extremely important. He had been waking me up an hour or so too early every day, but the first night on this bed he slept straight through the night. It’s a winner for us! I’m happy with the quality and construction.”
“My dog loves this bed! Unfortunately so does my cat, so I might have to get a smaller one for her. The dark teal color is very nice & I’m surprised its hardly showing any dog hair on it despite everyday use by my Great Pyrenees who covers the whole world in layers of white hair. Also, it’s super soft. I’d probably get one for myself if there were human sized ones 🙂”
“My dog loves this bed. It is not heavy and it is not flimsy. She is 94 pounds and this bed does not flatten with her on it. I was pleasantly surprised. The top is very sift too. Her last bed was almost $200, so the price on this was fantastic. I highly recommend.”
7-inch Thick High Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed With Pillow and Easy to Wash Removable Cover with Anti-Slip Bottom. Free Waterproof Liner Included – JUMBO XL for Large Dogs
- ✔️Dimensions: 50”L x 34”W x 7” thick memory foam plus a 3” thick headrest
- ✔️Hypo-allergenic premium Memory foam - not egg crate foam or other orthorpedic non memory foams - Compare to therapeutic foam found in high end mattress stores
- ✔️Special loving: great for pets with Arthritis or joint and muscle issues
- ✔️Double layer protection – interior cover: waterproof fabric Zippered Cover/ exterior cover: soft, plush Suede with an Ant-Slip bottom zippered cover
- ✔️KOPEKS is a registered trademark and Best-Seller of pet accessories.
Make bedtimes the most comfortable and enjoyable experience for your dogs with the 7-inch Thick High Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed With Pillow and Easy to Wash Removable Cover with Anti-Slip Bottom. Free Waterproof Liner Included - JUMBO XL for Large Dogs - Brown! This dog bed will instantly send your dogs to dreamland. It provides complete support for a more restful sleep while also soothing their joints and muscles.
- Dimensions: 50”L x 34”W x 7” thick memory foam plus a 3” thick headrest
- Hypo-allergenic premium Memory foam – not egg crate foam or other orthopedic non-memory foams – Compare to therapeutic foam found in high-end mattress stores
- Special loving: great for pets with arthritis or joint and muscle issues
- Double layer protection – interior cover: waterproof fabric Zippered Cover/ exterior cover: soft plush suede with an Ant-Slip bottom zippered cover
- KOPEKS is a registered trademark and Best-Seller of pet accessories.
What Others Are Saying About 7-inch Thick High Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed With Pillow and Easy to Wash Removable Cover with Anti-Slip Bottom. Free Waterproof Liner Included - JUMBO XL for Large Dogs - Brown
“product is as exactly as described. my 9 year old 140lb mastiff who has hip dysplasia and arthritis LOVES IT. Was snoring 5 minutes after he walked onto it. a great value compared to high dollar brand beds. Downside is increased snoring and vocal rabbit chasing dreams of my dog. 🙂 I will be buying another smaller model for my pit mix.”
“Would buy again… These are not small but neither is our pup 130 lbs. and solid as a rock… she seems to always want to do her chewing on it which means it needs cleaned more often BUY A COUPLE TWIN SIZE BOTTOM SHEETS you can get them inexpensively at the thrift stores and use them as bed covers. So much easier to change them a couple times a week and throw in the wash then taking the bed apart to clean the cover…”
“Very nice bed. It is huge. Seriously, it would make great extra bed to keep around for children sleepovers. It is that big! Very thick and doesn’t squash to the floor even with an adult sitting on it, (my Lab, Chihuahua and I sat on it the first day we got it to watch TV:). I am sure that I could have gotten a size smaller and it still would have been plenty big. It hasn’t lost any of it’s thickness with use. No odors to get aired out and it puffed up to it’s full size within a day. I would highly recommend.”
BarkBox Memory Foam Dog Bed Multiple Sizes/Colors; Plush Orthopedic Joint-Relief, Machine Washable Cover; Waterproof Lining; Includes Squeaker Toy
- Multiple Sizes: Pick the perfect size for your pup! *Please note, we’ve recently made size improvements.* Available in Small (24” x 16” x 3"), Medium (29" x 18" x 3”), Large (35” x 22” x 3”), X-Large (41" x 29" x4”), and XX-Large (50” x 34” x 5”). Arrives as a vacuum-packed bed in a box, easily unzip and let it inflate for up to 72 hours!
- High-quality Comfort: The therapeutic gel memory foam comforts your dog by relieving body aches, joint pain, hip dysplasia, and arthritis, and giving optimal therapeutic support. It also works great as a cat bed or a portable dog cuddler!
- Waterproof & Machine Washable: Easily combat accidents and keep your dog’s bed looking and smelling fresh and clean. No more messes! The zippered cover slides off seamlessly for convenient cleaning! Just throw it in the wash and it’ll be good as new.
- Neutral Grey Color: Our BarkBox dog bed comes in a light grey! The perfect neutral, cozy color to match your home decor and conceal your dog’s fur. This high quality dog bed comes with a bonus surprise toy that your dog will love!
- Perfect Dog Sofa for Large Dogs: Can’t find a comfortable, high-quality bed for your dog? This Large BarkBox dog bed comfortably fits dog breeds like Australian Shepherds, Australian Cattle Dogs, and Bulldogs. Get the bed your dog deserves!
This awesome dog bed from BarkBox is not only made for dogs, it is also great for your other animals such as mini pigs, hedgehogs, and cats. It’s designed to keep your pets comfortable and helps them recover from surgery or those who are suffering from mobility issues.
- 100% pure pressure-relief memory foam
- Orthopedic ultra-plush
- Helps with hip dysplasia and arthritis
- More restful sleep for your dog
What Others Are Saying About This Barkbox Memory Foam Platform Dog Bed | Plush Mattress for Orthopedic Joint Relief (Large, Grey)
“I have a seven-year-old dog. I bought her $150 dog bed when she was younger and she has never used it. I used the bottom cushion of it as a crate mat and she likes that but she will not get into the doughnut dog bed. I bought the Bark bed for her and she got on it as soon as I put it down on the floor. I brought it upstairs for the night and she immediately got on it rather than asking to get up on my bed. I’ve already made up my mind to purchase another one so I won’t have to be dragging this one up and down the stairs. She absolutely loves it and I do too. It is good quality.”
“Excellent bed. I thought at first it looked sort of thin but it does not really sink and is very supportive. My 75 lb german shepherd would rather lay on this half the time than sleep with me on my bed!”
“Based on other reviews I ordered a size up, and I’m glad I did! I wanted room for my dog to stretch out. I recommend buying a bigger size than they recommend. I’ve only had the bed for a few days, and I’m thrilled with it so far. Before this bed my dog was extra stiff when getting up after laying down for a while. The first day I had it he was already laying on the bed with his paws tucked under him! I haven’t seen him do that in years. It couldn’t do a better job of taking pressure off of his joints. So far I’m extremely happy with this product, AND it’s priced better than other orthopedic dog beds. I highly recommend this product!”