Eggs are one of the most affordable and versatile foods out there. They are also one the healthiest foods, especially if you do not fry them with oil and just boil or poach them.
Dogs need protein, and eggs, especially boiled ones, offer lots of protein and healthy fats. But are boiled eggs entirely safe for dogs to eat?
So, a question many of us dog lovers have is, “Can dogs eat boiled eggs?” In this article, you’ll learn whether or not dogs can eat boiled eggs. You’ll also learn about the health benefits, and potential harmful effects eggs can have on our dogs.
Can Dogs Eat Boiled Eggs?
The short answer is yes; dogs can eat boiled eggs. Boiled eggs are good for dogs.
Boiled eggs are good food for our furry pups. They contain several benefits for dogs.
Benefits of Boiled Eggs
Boiled eggs are rich in certain minerals and vitamins, such as:
- Vitamin A, which can help prevent medical conditions caused by irregular blood sugar levels
- Vitamin B, which is suitable for aiding metabolism and maintaining the dog’s nervous system
- Vitamin D, which helps in absorbing calcium
- Vitamin E, which is good for preventing eye and muscle degeneration
- Vitamin K, which is excellent for developing blood vessels and regenerating skin and tissue
- Omega-6 fatty acids, which are involved in cell membrane structure and cell function, aid in reproduction and growth and help maintain a good coat and skin
- Protein, which is an essential nutrient that can contribute to muscle development and tissue repair
- Iron, which helps in carrying in the hemoglobin of red blood cells
- Copper, which helps in the formation of bones, collagen, and connective tissues, as well as the absorption of iron and calcium
- Zinc, which promotes healthy joints and regulates a dog’s metabolism
- Magnesium, which regulates metabolism and aids neurotransmission
- Manganese, which promotes metabolic functioning and good bone health
- Phosphorus, which helps build healthier bones
- Potassium, which is beneficial to bones and especially good for older dogs
All in all, boiled eggs are an excellent low-cost food for your dog.
Can Dogs Eat Egg Shells?
Some people also wonder if egg shells are safe for dogs to eat. Although egg shells from boiled eggs are edible and nutritious, it is better to have them finely crushed as egg shells can be a choking hazard due to pointy edges if not crushed totally.
Learn More About What Human Foods Are Healthy Or Harmful For Dogs
This article is a part of our series of articles called “What Human Foods Can Dogs Eat?”